Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My New Office Whiteboard

Hola!!!!

The past week has been suuuper duper crazy for me! I coordinated a Home Staging Class at my office that took place the first part of last week. Well, it just so happened that my church Women's Retreat overlapped at the latter part of the same week. Man, was I hustling trying to work that out...got it done in between having an asthma attack - ha!!! 
I am woman hear me roar!!! 

I had to take off Monday & Tuesday to just to try to recuperate :-) 
What better way to get some rest...than to do something fun! 
WORK ON MY OFFICE WHITEBOARD! YAY!

Here's how it all got started.

When I ran across this on Tip Junkie's  blog. I knew this would be the perfect solution for me. But...as usual how do I make it happen with no money. 
Hmmm....ding, ding ding (that's the bell going off in my head - smile) 
I had an art piece that I got about 10 years ago at a festival that could work perfectly.
As much as I hated tearing this thing apart...I just had to do it.
So...after looking at her and remembering my friend's son seeing this in my house and asking "Why is that lady naked?" I decided she had to go :-)



I flipped her over a proceeded to tear off the backing. First I scored the paper with my handy EXACTO knife thinking that would make it easier. Not so much!




Just tear that paper off, Stacey and stop being scared - LOL!










After tearing off the paper, I pulled back those little metal things that hold the mat in...Sorry...don't know what they are called. uuuh...picture holder thingees maybe :-)


 Next I grabbed what paint I had left in the garage. I reeeeally was on a mission to do this without spending any money so this was all I had...and when I say I was stretching that paint I mean I was streeeeeeetching it! They were both practically empty.



I took my empty frame outside to sand and spray. It was too cold and breezy so the paint started to crack and bubble. So in to the garage we went.




How ya like how I jimmy rigged a covering for all our yard stuff that sits under the counter. That big bulky thing in the middle on top is my mitre saw. I had to have some way to hang the frame so it wouldn't sit on the floor so I hung it from the handle - LOL



So once it was all done I flipped the "naked lady" picture over to expose the white part. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of that. Well, it was looking kinda dingy against the white frame. So I took a mat from another frame that I got free (yea! I love free) and cut it to size, plopped it in and replaced all the picture holder thingees (smile).





VIOLA!!! MY FREE OFFICE WHITEBOARD!!!


Can't wait to hang it in my office tomorrow!


So what do you have lying around that you can get creative with? 

No comments:

Post a Comment